Plasti Dip® is a multipurpose, air dry, specialty rubber coating. Plasti Dip protective coating is ideal for a broad array of do-it-yourself projects around the home, garage, garden and elsewhere. It protects against moisture, acids, corrosion, skidding/slipping ,and provides a comfortable, controlled grip. Plasti Dip remains flexible and stretchy over time and will not crack or become brittle in extreme weather conditions. It has been tested and proven in temperatures from -30 deg F (degree Fahrenheit) to 200 deg F (degree Fahrenheit).
- Protects coated items against acids, abrasion, corrosion, impact, salts, moisture and weathering
- Provided non-slip, comfortable and controlled grip
- Solvent based air dry synthetic rubber coating
- Allow 30-40 minutes in between coats and 24 hours to fully cure and dry
- Remains flexible, stretchy and will not crack, or become brittle in extreme temperatures
- Temperature guidelines: apply in about 68-70°F, with low humidity, little to no wind and not in direct sunlight
- Test all applications in a small inconspicuous area to make sure it will meet your expectations
- Clean application surface with a mild soap and water, to remove any dirt, debris, oils, waxes, grease, or loose rust, then let dry completely
- Lightly sanding the surface can remove loose rust and help with adhesion to smoother surfaces such as metal or stainless steel
- Product not compatible with gasoline or motor oils
All aerosol products should be used outdoors or in properly ventilated areas
For application on EVA Foam:
Begin by heat-sealing the surface of your foam with a heat gun.
When spraying plasti dip, we recommend applying light, even coats, keeping the can moving with a steady spray to prevent "hot spots" or drips.
We recommend 2-3 coats for full coverage.
Allow each coat to fully dry before applying the next layer.
If using as a primer before painting we recommend using acrylic or latex based paints as they will not crack when flexed.
Finish with an acrylic spray sealant.
If wrinkles or creases form overtime through travel, wear, and storage; they can be removed by lightly heating with a heat gun.
Product is available in 11 oz